This kind of films uses animation techniques in which a real movement doesn't exist. Instead of that, their images are produced by drawing, making models or using other techniques and then these products are projected consecutively in order to produce a movement illusion. Instead of that, their images are produced by drawing, making models or using other techniques and then these products are projected consecutively in order to produce a movement illusion. These type of films are primarily use for kids movies like Toy Story and Up. There are many new movie studios that are using new tecniques to produce their films.
Types of Animation Movies
- Cartoons. -Is the popular and oldest technique, it consists on drawing by hand every single image. They are made mainly for television, but it also exist long movies made exclusively for the cinema and even nowadays they are exhibited in computers and are distributed on the Internet.
- Stop Motion.-It is a technique that tries to show a movement simulation of static objects by means of the capture of pictures, it means they are created by taking real images; There are 2 types of this kind of animation:
- Plasticine animation or animation using any other malleable material (claymation).- It could be made to the "free style" where figures are transforming progressively in the movie; or can be characters that maintain a consistent figure in the course of the film.
- Go-motion.- which is an animation system by means of the movement capture of static or inanimate objects photogram by photogram.
- Computer Animation.- Is the art of creating movement images by means of using computers. This type of animation more and more looks like reality; because the development of ambients generated by computers, textures, skin and hair of their characters today have reached surprised levels of realism, however, it has little details in against, like the movement that is still not very real.
- Experimental Animation Techniques.- There are certain animation techniques not so diffused as the previous ones and for this reason they are considered experimental, for example: Paint-on-glass animation, Drawn on film animation, Pinscreen animation and Sand animation.
Among the main animation festivals we can find:
- Animac, in Lerida
- Anima't, in Sitges
- Annecy, in Francia
- ANIMA - "Festival Internacional de Animación de Cordoba", Cordoba, Argentina
- Animadrid, in "Pozuelo de Alarcon"
- Anima, in Argentina
- Loop, in Colombia
- Anima Mundi, in Sao Paulo